So with this post I’m going to jump right into the latest photographer trend – Laying out all of my junk so that you can peer deep into my creative soul. Truthfully, I do believe that you can tell a lot about a photographer by what they carry with them during their daily escapades as a professional photographer.
This is how I pack for a typical day out in and around Nanaimo and Vancouver Island – and it’s how I capture many of the photos that you see within my Instagram feed. For wedding days and commercial shoots, my packing list is a lot longer – that’s for another day.
The one thing that is somewhat optional in my kit is the tripod. If I am out late, I try to bring it so that I don’t have to worry so much about low shutter speeds in dim conditions.
The packing list (roughly left to right):
- F-Stop Millar Series shoulder bag.
- Stanley Thermos. Coffee is your friend.
- Fuji 14mm 2.0
- Fuji 35mm 1.4
- No-Name sunglasses (can’t trust me with good ones)
- Siuri T004x Tripod
- Fuji X-Pro1 mirrorless camera
- Batteries. Plenty. I prefer the non-fuji ones (for price)
- North Face Verto rain jacket (the tiny orange thing!)
- Lens cloth
- Leatherman Juice C2
- My favourite hat
- Vans. Always.
- Blower (baby snot sucker – they work as good as rocket blowers)